Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Redding, CA - Slow rolling freight under Hwy 299

Date: 05/03/16 05:44
Redding, CA - Slow rolling freight under Hwy 299
Author: Alien

I was driving near the Redding train station and there was a freight train headed towards Dunsmuir,CA and as it passed, I could see another freight train behind it. Dang, I did not have my 35mm
digitial, so I pulled into the lot just north of the Highway 299 bridge just south of the Redding trestle and pulled out my crummy cell phone.I had to wait about 5+ minutes as I'm sure the 2nd train has to wait a bit for the other
train to clear ahead a bit. This freight was rolling real slow, and blasting the horns and it sounded like I was standing in front of the train it was so loud. I was surpised how the audio on the cell phone was decent - though I rarely
video with my cell phone. The first engine is UP 8325, UP 6925 and ex SP now UP 6295. I don't think I've ever filmed/video'd a train set where all engine numbers ended in #5, and 2 Engines having the same numbers/different
equence ( UP 6925/UP 6295) on a random run by. Anyways, this my 1st train video from a cell phone.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/03/16 07:06
Re: Redding, CA - Slow rolling freight under Hwy 299
Author: FiveChime

Good start! Even a little rare because the SD&70aces are not too common up there as the new GE's seem to be powering most trains.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 05/03/16 08:16
Re: Redding, CA - Slow rolling freight under Hwy 299
Author: portlander

There is a 25 mph slow order starting at the north switch at Redding and continuing 12 miles south to Anderson. It's a direct result of the broken wheel incident from a few weeks ago. The good news is that new rail has arrived! 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0265 seconds