Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Home sweet home

Date: 05/23/16 17:38
Home sweet home
Author: pyroman

Back in April I had a bit of surgery and as told by the doc “no driving or operating heavy equipment”.  Well walking across the street and using a camera did not fall under those conditions.  The steel gang was busy working main #1 thorught La Crosse, WI so BNSF 9301 made use of the new CTC and kept moving west on main #2, a bit later BNSF 9147 and company also made their way past the gang seen here approaching Broadview. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:44 by pyroman.

Re: Home sweet home

Back closer to home the gang has now made it to Ward Ave as they replace rail stamped from the 50’s that was originally stick rail that the BN welded up in place into CWR.  Noon quitting time came (it was Friday) and time to put the equipment away on the temporary “Herrington Siding” and after everyone ran in to the siding move the points with a pair of big “switch stands”.  The concrete signal bases for the old Herrington crossovers removed by the BN in the 80’s have been removed as well as remaining searchlights and old bases.  Today (May 23) crews started removing the manual crossover at Victory which was the last along the river.  Also new concrete segments for the Bad Axe Bridge south of Genoa are showing up for its replacement this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:39 by pyroman.

A few Saturday’s ago while doing spring planting I notice a train heading out of the BNSF yard on ATCS so I took quick walk across the street.  VPTLLPC with plenty of power was wasting no time heading out of town past the “old main” now referred to as the “City Track”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:41 by pyroman.

This past Saturday I heard the town job taking the city track to do some work a bit later than the normal midnight run.  With the early sunrise I heard him headed back about 5:30 which was perfect for some sunrise shots of the normal middle of the night job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:46 by pyroman.

Growing up here in the 80’s I remember many of evenings going for a short walk to see a Geep or even a SW with a long cut of cars heading down the original line to switch out the Heileman complex often with a dozen or more cars. Today the green is gone except for the faded caboose which is still used for the reverse shove.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:47 by pyroman.

Date: 05/23/16 17:39

25 years ago?  Dang I feel old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 17:44 by pyroman.

Date: 05/23/16 17:53
Author: SCKP187

Great photos and coverage of what is going on.  25 years ago we all miss those times.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/24/16 09:57
Author: BNSF-6432

Nice looking local and photos. Nice throwbacks as well

PQM

Date: 05/24/16 12:50
Author: Dilworth

great pics all around...............

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0677 seconds