Home Open Account Help 199 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hangin' at Doc's

Date: 05/26/16 07:53
Hangin' at Doc's
Author: santafe199

Here’s a follow-up to a thread I posted a few days ago on the Western forum ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4035224 ). From September to May on the first Thursday of each month there is an informal gathering of railfans who get together for a Roundtable Dinner and presentation at Paul & Jack’s Tavern (& full restaurant) in North Kansas City, MO. Along about 4 PM on such days you can find an entourage of Topeka railfans stopping for a visit at Doc’s Caboose Hobby Shop in Kansas City’s West Bottoms. Doc’s is quite the “full service” hobby shop. When you’re done browsing inside you just mosey on outside and sit on the blue bench and catch a couple of trains rolling by…

1. Here’s a view from out in front of Doc’s. We’re looking east toward the ‘Gooseneck’ with UP 8033 as the receding DP unit on a train bound for Neff Yard.

2. A typical 1st-Thursday-of-the-month afternoon scene in front of Doc’s. Topeka, KS railfans from left to right: Paul Henson, Art Gibson (‘wag216’ on TO), Wes Chiles (‘lilwes’ on TO), Gene Frazier & Rusty Steinmeyer. Not pictured is Overland Park fan Tony Fey (‘mopacrr’ on TO) who was still inside looking over model railroading merchandise.

3. As the gang was making motions to head on over the Missouri River river to Paul & Jack’s in North Kansas City a splash of color familiar to Santa Fe fans made an entrance. A pair of aged Warbonnet units, 688 & 642 came lumbering over Hickory St with a drag.
(3 photos taken April 7, 2016)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/16 07:54 by santafe199.

Date: 05/26/16 08:08
Re: Hangin' at Doc's
Author: ReadingRR

...and Lance had to buy a new camera after this!
Paul

Date: 05/26/16 08:16
Author: BNSFHelpers

I Happen to notice  there is ONLY room for  two  to sit....well maybe  its  better that way....MJ

Date: 05/26/16 09:05
Author: retcsxcfm

Looks like the typical bunch of old farts to me.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 05/26/16 09:22
Author: santafe199

retcsxcfm Wrote: > ... typical bunch of old farts...
Yipper! And don't forget the old fart behind the [un]broken camera. And as you should know: "Every day ABOVE GROUND is a good day!"

;^)

Date: 05/26/16 18:40
Author: OliveHeights

That's a good looking bunch of old farts and I would be happy to join them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds