Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Portrait Of Stupidity

Date: 05/26/16 22:42
A Portrait Of Stupidity
Author: walstib

A portrait iof stupidity at Elkhorn Slough -- or dumb stuff I saw at the tracks today.

Date: 05/26/16 22:59
Re: A Portrait Of Stupidity
Author: Coalca

Judging by the size of rail, this is a mainline? I'm not familiar with elkhorn slough

Date: 05/26/16 23:08
Author: walstib

Mainline between Watsonville Junction and Castroville. This is where the Coast Starlight runs, plus several freight trains.

Date: 05/27/16 05:24
Author: wigwag

Im operating on the assumption they got away with it?
Meanwhile, railfans across the country constantly get warned by cops to stay off the property. Go figure.

Date: 05/27/16 06:54
Author: BAB

So you think that there are RR cops ever ten feet to watch for this? NOT Cant be everwhere but with a cell phone call from the person who took this picture possibly someone could have been dispatched.
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im operating on the assumption they got away with
> it?
> Meanwhile, railfans across the country constantly
> get warned by cops to stay off the property. Go
> figure.

Date: 05/27/16 09:40
Author: GP30Frank

walstib Wrote:

> A portrait iof stupidity at Elkhorn Slough -- or
> dumb stuff I saw at the tracks today.

​  There's even a train moving in the background !!

Date: 05/27/16 09:55
Author: darkcloud

wigwag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meanwhile, railfans across the country constantly
> get warned by cops to stay off the property. Go
> figure.

Soooooooo persecuted.  Maybe I'll wear a foam ribbon to raise awareness of this virtual genocide.

Date: 05/27/16 10:57
Author: Hookdragkick

Very stupid. I had to yell at some photographer and girl on the rail one day, ahead of my shove. They wait till the last minute to get all the shots they need.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/27/16 14:21
Author: wa4umr

A trespasser is being charged with a felony in Louisvvile, Ky.  It involved a death of the girlfriend but the harges stem from costing NS over $1000 in losses due to delayed trains and personel involved in the case.  See  http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4039197.

If people were charged with the crime, maybe there would be less of it.  On the other hand, thousands of miles of rail and a hand full of agents.  The agent or police come out and run them off.  Anything after that starts to get pretty expensive to follow through with.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds