Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Portland & Western Memorial Day Tribute

Date: 05/30/16 22:26
Portland & Western Memorial Day Tribute
Author: nomosantafe

There was only one job working today on the Portland & Western at Tigard, Oregon.  It was the 663/664 job that takes 664 to Vancover (BNSF) and returns with the 663 train.

I photographed the train at the wye at Cook.  The crew was flying the stars and stripes, a really nice touch for Memorial Day.

1.  Passing the east leg of the wye switch
2. Approaching Boones Ferry Road
3. Crossing Boones Ferry Road.

If I could digress for just a moment.  I have heard a number of people say "Happy Memorial Day" this weekend and it really bugs me.. 

There is nothing "happy" about this holiday.  It is a time for reflection and remembering those who have given their lives protecting and defending our country.  I lost my cousin in Vietnam in 1968 and I think about him every Memorial Day (and many other days & holidays).  I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just a "crabby old man" getting something off my mind.

Nomosantafe
Portland, Oregon
"Pacific Wonderland"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 22:28 by nomosantafe.

Date: 05/31/16 05:29
Re: Portland & Western Memorial Day Tribute
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Those are true Nomosantafe shots

Date: 05/31/16 05:58
Author: Atsf814

My sentiments exactly. Nothing Happy. Just reverance, remeberance, and respect.  

Date: 05/31/16 12:14
Author: tomstp

Nomo, come on back down here where its fixin to get warm!

Date: 05/31/16 16:54
Author: nycman

Randy, it's sad.  Who or what was "in charge" of dumbing down America has really succeeded.  Not a happy day at all, one we should all be thankful for, as many died to allow us to be free to express ourselves as we do here and elsewhere.   I saw a video made by Mark Dice in San Diego where he asked people what Memorial Day was about.  Most people had no clue.  

Date: 05/31/16 18:36
Author: shortlineboss

Where is the flag on the conductors side?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

Date: 05/31/16 23:18
Author: nomosantafe

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nomo, come on back down here where its fixin to
> get warm!

It's gonna be 90 degrees here tomorrow!

Nomo

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0582 seconds