Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SLRG Antonito business?

Date: 06/29/16 13:24
SLRG Antonito business?
Author: tomstp

Is any freight being loaded in Antonito Colorado?  Last I heard the Pearlite plants and the scoria loaders were not doing much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/16 13:25 by tomstp.

Date: 06/29/16 13:38
Re: SLRG Antonito business?
Author: degilchr

I saw several, 3 to 6 do not remember number, loads in yard at Walsenburg week of June 12th.

Don G

Date: 06/29/16 13:46
Author: pvarlien

It's not more than a week or so ago that I happened to have the Alamosa webcam up on my screen when a train rolled by eastbound with open hoppers loaded with what looked like scoria, and some covered hoppers, too.

The fact that they could get away with using the Antonito branch as tempoary car storage for several weeks while they shuffled out stored cars that were being returned, does indicate that car loadings from Antonito must have been down for a while. (There was a thread on TO about this a few weeks back.)

Peter Varlien
Heimdal,

Date: 06/29/16 13:59
Author: drgw0579

Was there last Friday and the Antonito local brought maybe 20 cars to Antonito, mostly empty covered hoppers and hoppers for scoria loading,  It spent several hours switching but I couldn't tell if the covered hoppers were for storage or they were for the perlite mill.  The transload was loading scoria as fast and furious as they could.  Power was two of the ex-NJT units.

Date: 06/29/16 15:58
Author: callum_out

The scroia piles are much larger than they've been in the past and though business might have been
off a bit production definitely wasn't.

Out

Date: 06/30/16 13:23
Author: cozephyr

How many coal hopper cars did SLRG straight line (derail) during a move in June 2016.  A friend noted the cars on the ground near a tunnel on the La Veta Pass portion of the line June 24, 2016.

Date: 07/01/16 08:33
Author: tomstp

They have had a couple of string lines in that location.  A couple providing hopps for the bears to eat and get drunk.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds