Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "Winning" with a westbound

Date: 07/17/16 03:10
"Winning" with a westbound
Author: funnelfan

Back in 2009 I had a trip to the Columbia River Gorge that started off poorly. The few trains out there were either going the wrong direction, or if going the right direction, had a bunch of half burned GE's on the point. Most of the day resulted in a few good shots, but many more not soo good shots. For most the day the UP had been shut down my MOW windows, so a friend and myself were working the BNSF on the east end. Not a very good option during the middle of the day. Finally in the afternoon a IDUSE based a trail through the work windows on the UP and we gave chase. That one train really made up for what could have been a lousy day, by granting a string of awesome photos.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/17/16 03:13
Re: "Winning" with a westbound
Author: funnelfan

We chased the train to Cascade Locks and called it a day. We had arrived in the Gorge before dawn, and this series of images was a nice cap for the day.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/17/16 05:12
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff....!!  I REALLY like Pic 3!!

Date: 07/17/16 05:16
Author: jmbreitigan

You hit a home run with this "one" train.
John

Date: 07/17/16 06:30
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch, nice to have a line where just about anywhere you pull over is a great shot!
JB

Date: 07/17/16 08:46
Author: Ritzville

You had a great chase Ted! NICE shots all!!

Larry

Date: 07/17/16 12:54
Author: Out_Of_Service

damn i locve the gorge ...can't wait to go back ....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds