Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > After the Smoke and Steam Cleared . . .

Date: 07/25/16 20:13
After the Smoke and Steam Cleared . . .
Author: SCKP187

Last week after UP 844 made it's CFD train run from Cheyenne to Denver the Greeley Sub appeared to be the busy part of the RR for fanning, so I hung around the area to catch the action.
1.     The Brighton local drifts lite power back into LaSalle CO to tie up for the day.
2.     With the steam cleared up at 44th St. in Denver, there was a nb CSUX Drake mts working against 2 sb trains coming off the Laramie Sub so I headed off to Carr CO for the UP 5411 to wait its turn in the siding.  I'd never been to Carr before, a nice long sweeping curve siding, the terrain was a little odd in that it was plains grassland on one end and trees and foliage on the other end.
3.     The first sb at Carr was almost-all EMD ZLADV with auto racks on the head end and the rear of the train filled out with containers and UPS trailers
4.     Followed shortly by a heavily powered manifest with newly painted UP 7724 leading
5.     As it was getting dark and storms closing in I headed back to the hotel and came across a nb manifest leaving the siding at Nunn CO with UP 4096-4054-7400
Photos July 21 2016    Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/25/16 20:14
Re: After the Smoke and Steam Cleared . . .
Author: SCKP187

last 2

Date: 07/25/16 20:29
Author: upheritage6

Dang! Missed 7400!
Nice series Brian!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/26/16 04:23
Author: ns1000

The last one is my favorite!!

Date: 07/26/16 10:47
Author: Ritzville

Looks like lots of action after the 844. Nice shots Brian!

Larry

Date: 07/26/16 18:32
Author: KCRW287

What type of signal is that, looks yellow to me in a couple of shots, must not be a block signal? Just wandering

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds