Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Oregon is green

Date: 07/27/16 12:00
Oregon is green
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Green trees, green grass, green houses, even green trains.

Just returned from a weeklong trip there, nice to beat the Texas heat for a spell.

We spent two days on the beach hunting agates - thanks NoMo for the tip - the best
finds were where you said they woud be between Newport and Depoe.  We had to equalize
the rocks in our suitcases at PDX to keep SWA from charging extra for excess poundage
(extra fee if over 50 lbs per bag) and just barely squeaked under that limit for all bags.

Just one question - is there a Oregon law that says everyone 35 and under must have a tatoo?  
Sure, some folks here in East Texas have them too, but everyone in the Eugene area where we stayed was tatted up.
I dont really care, but it sure was noticeable from someone who isnt used to such a proliferation of ink.

Regardless, thanks Oregon, Mrs Murphy and I had a great time in a beautiful part of these United States.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/16 12:01 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 07/27/16 15:12
Re: Oregon is green
Author: wjpyper

Yes, Murph, tatooing is a major cottage industry here in the Beaver state. Not just the kids. Lots of geezers with extensive tats cruising around on their Harleys. Glad you had a good time. Come back again.
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/16 15:13 by wjpyper.

Date: 07/27/16 15:44
Author: Coalca

Tattoos are the culture up here in Oregon. I myself don't have any, but like you observed, it's very popular with both genders here. 

Date: 07/27/16 15:47
Author: LarryDoyle

WrongWay...

You've just discovered the truth. 
Scenery is SUPPOSED TO BE GREEN.

-Larry Doyle

Date: 07/27/16 17:13
Author: CarolVoss

Coalca Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tattoos are the culture up here in Oregon. I
> myself don't have any, but like you observed, it's
> very popular with both genders here. 

Our first trip up the Oregon coast was in 1984--at the time we native Californians were amazed at how many people were overweight. 
C

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 07/27/16 18:06
Author: PHall

Oregon is Green on the West half of the state. The East half is mostly Brown. It is a desert after all.

Date: 07/27/16 18:10
Author: BAB

Thanks very much for coming by did very much enjoy giving you and your wife a tour of Train Mountain here in Chiloquin OR. By the way got after those weeds today I found hiding during the ride after I fixed the broken Rio Grande engine. Boyd in Chiloquin.

Date: 07/27/16 19:22
Author: icancmp193

Headed that way tomorrow AM up through Bend (haven't been through there in 33 years). Coming back thru Portland/Eugene/K Falls on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. (Haven't been there in 6 years).

Tom Y

Date: 07/27/16 22:24
Author: truxtrax

icancmp193 Wrote:
> Headed that way tomorrow AM up through Bend
> (haven't been through there in 33 years). Coming
> back thru Portland/Eugene/K Falls on
> Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Haven't been there in
> 6 years).
> Tom Y

Tom, be prepared for a shock. The first time I was in Bend was in
1971 when I made a trip for Trans-Western Express when the pop-
ulation was 16,200. As of July 2013, the Bend metro population is
now 166,000!

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 07/28/16 08:14
Author: P

Oregon seems a popular destination this year for TO members.

I'll be arriving on the EB in Portland on Sunday and heading south from there.  Targets for the week:  Eugene, Crater Lake, Train Mountain & a day on the coast.....  This will be a first time visit for me. 

Should be an interesting week!

Date: 07/28/16 10:03
Author: NKPBernet

P Wrote:
>  This will be a first time visit for me. 
>
> Should be an interesting week!

Eugene can be lovely! If you are in for a good meal, check out the Oregon Electric Station, it is nearby the Eugene Amtrak Depot.

-Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds