Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CSRM Researcher Wanted in Sacramento

Date: 07/27/16 16:55
CSRM Researcher Wanted in Sacramento
Author: bnsfsd70

Hi there,
I am hoping that someone here is/knows of someone that could do me a HUGE favor.

I am looking for a photograph that may or may not actually exist in the library (Hastings' collection) at the California State Railway Museum.  I contacted them about this, but due to their staffing concerns, they can't look for it at the moment.  I have the railroad, date and location of what I'm looking for, which is apparently how Mr. Hastings had his photos organized, so hopefully this should be fairly painless.  Unfortunately, roadtripping out to CA from KS for one photo isn't going to happen, so I'd be THRILLED if you or someone you know could help me out with this.

If you can help, please PM me here.

Thanks a lot,
- Jeff Carlson 

Date: 07/27/16 17:48
Re: CSRM Researcher Wanted in Sacramento
Author: Auburn_Ed

So what IS the railroad?  Location?  Year?

Ed

Date: 07/27/16 18:13

I'm looking for a photo of a Rock Island combine that I know he shot.  There's a photo of it in one of his books, but I'm wondering if there are any more in the series in the library's collection.

​- Jeff Carlson

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what IS the railroad?  Location?  Year?
>
> Ed

Date: 07/27/16 18:31
Author: njmidland

I have gone to Sacramento to go through the Hastings slide collection.  To date, they have not cataloged most of it. The key is knowing roughly the date(s) the photo you want was taken.  I was able to give them a month and a year and they were able to pull 4 sheets of slides within 20 minutes.  They will scan them for you, but not while you wait and not cheap.

Tim

Date: 07/28/16 08:23

Yeah, I've got that info, but as I mentioned, they've let me know that they cannot do this right now due to staffing concerns.

I'm not at all opposed to paying for some of the services.

- Jeff Carlson

njmidland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have gone to Sacramento to go through the
> Hastings slide collection.  To date, they have
> not cataloged most of it. The key is knowing
> roughly the date(s) the photo you want was
> taken.  I was able to give them a month and a
> year and they were able to pull 4 sheets of slides
> within 20 minutes.  They will scan them for you,
> but not while you wait and not cheap.
>
> Tim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds