Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CN leading on the KP . . .

Date: 07/29/16 15:16
CN leading on the KP . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   headed out of the neighborhood (Palmer Lake, CO) early this a.m. for a family reunion in Wichita, KS, along the way became aware of a westbound UP coal empty called out of Salina, after finding out the departure time made a guess as to where I might intercept a westbound on my eastbound trip. Exited I-70 west of Elsworth then followed the KP east where I encountered a local in the siding at Wolf only a few miles west *corrected* of Elsworth and figured the CN led empty would be along shortly which it was grabbing  a shot heading west at Wolf siding making good time on the little used UP Salina to Sharon Springs main.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/16 19:40 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 07/29/16 17:05
Re: CN leading on the KP . . .
Author: mg8711

Nice catch! Almost looks like one of the Mississippi coal trains that used to run through all time.
mg8711

Date: 07/29/16 18:05
Author: upkpfan

John,
Wolf Siding is WEST of Ellsworth but East of Black Wolf. I had a heads up on it but it was leaving Salina after I was there at the car show. I did meet the local WB just West of Bavaria and figured the coal would be along after it shortly. upkpfan

Date: 07/29/16 19:05
Author: SP8595

Right place, right time:)

Date: 07/29/16 19:41
Author: 3rdswitch

Right on info, thanks.
JB

Date: 07/29/16 20:19
Author: SCKP187

Great timeing catch JB, and Wolf Siding is very scenic as well. Nice to see foreign power too.
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/01/16 15:43
Author: cozephyr

CN unit on coal empty showed up in Denver, CO, August 1, 2016 but as trailing motor.  Trouble in Kansas prompted the boys at Sharon Springs to bury the CN unit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds