Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Inland NW RR Mus Moving Day

Date: 08/26/16 16:47
Inland NW RR Mus Moving Day
Author: bbethmann

Must have been moving day today for the large equipment of the Inland NW Rail Museum (Spokane area) and I couldn't get a shot off to save me. While running errands in downtown Spokane, my daughter shouted "look dad, what a cool train". A couple of rebuilt GP30's were pulling several coaches, a beautiful steamer, an F7 (I believe) and numerous mixed rolling stock. As it crossed the Latah Creek trestle it swung toward the Cascade line and that is when it dawned on me that they were headed to the new Inland NW Museum out in the Reardan area.

I hate it when I have a great opportunity and blow it because I can't get myself organized quickly enough. Hope that someone out there got a shot.

BB

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/26/16 17:12
Re: Inland NW RR Mus Moving Day
Author: railcity

Why did they move for??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/16 21:21 by railcity.

Date: 08/26/16 17:19
Author: desertjack

Onward to beautiful downtown Reardan!

Date: 08/26/16 18:50
Author: bbethmann

From what I understand, the Spokane County Fairgrounds wanted them out which led to a fundraiser and eventual construction of a wonderful small exhibition structure and outdoor viewing and renovation/repair yard

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/26/16 19:09
Author: Railbaron

Excuse my ignorance but the line through Reardan, WA, is that a BNSF branch or a shortline?

Date: 08/27/16 04:12
Author: SP8100

Railbaron,

The line through Reardan was an ex-BN branch the state of Washington purchased in 2009.  Eastern Washington Gateway railroad is the operater of the branch along with the Spokane county owned Geiger Spur.

SP8100

Railbaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excuse my ignorance but the line through Reardan,
> WA, is that a BNSF branch or a shortline?

Date: 08/27/16 06:45
Author: Railbaron

SP8100 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Railbaron,
>
> ... Eastern Washington Gateway railroad is the operater of the
> branch along with the Spokane county owned Geiger
> Spur.
>
>
> SP8100

Thank you.

It looks like an interesting branch including a very fancy grain elevator complete with concrete ties. I wonder if the museum will be able to operate on this line also?

Date: 08/27/16 09:24
Author: funnelfan

The Museum move left Erie st Yard in Spokane at 11am for Cheney. The power was a GP40 and a GP39-3. It did not cross the Latah Creek Bridge nor go out the "Cascade Line". It went via the lowside of Marshall Canyon on the ex-NP and up the Scribner Connection (second pic). At Cheney it was shuffled a bit and then headed west to Four Lakes for some more switching. This morning it's completing the journey and will be switched into the museum site at West Reardan, WA.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/27/16 12:42
Author: Topfuel

Second car from the front is the former SP&S 6 roomette 3 bedroom buffet lounge "Mount St Helens" previously owned by the late Mike Gelhaus as part of his collection of former NP cars in Spokane.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0599 seconds