Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cooling off at Mill Creek

Date: 10/17/16 18:36
Cooling off at Mill Creek
Author: mg8711

After the excitement, and perhaps frustrations that go with the chase of a famous steam locomotive, one may find themselves needing to revert to the classic "sit and wait' scenario. I found myself in such a situation this past Saturday after chasing UP 844 for over 100 miles  of cloudy weather across Northeast Kansas (see: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4142417). I ended up moseying around the Lawrence, KS area and stumbled upon a westbound autorack train, I only had loose intentions of chasing the train west "if I shoot it again I shoot it again, if I don't, I don't" I then slowly made my way over to UP's crossing of Mill Creek east of Maple Hill, KS, noting the train I had no direct intentions of chasing was being held at Topeka for a bit of a traffic cluster. While waiting around at Mill Creek the sun popped out just in the nick of time for the westbound to make its appearance. Cooling off from a cloudy day, with a bit of warm sunshine...

1) Freshly repainted UP 5403 leads a westbound autorack train across Mill Creek. The old truss bridge is on Willard Road.
2) UP 2588 brings up the rear as DPU.

October 15th, 2016
Thanks for looking!
mg8711

Date: 10/17/16 19:50
Re: Cooling off at Mill Creek
Author: SCKP187

Good work and nice views Lucas.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds