Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Is KCS running a Holiday train this year? Schedule?

Date: 10/23/16 11:57
Is KCS running a Holiday train this year? Schedule?
Author: highgreengraphics

Does anybody know if KCS is operating a Christmas Holiday train this year? Is a schedule of display locations available? === === = === JLH

Date: 10/23/16 12:16
Re: Is KCS running a Holiday train this year? Schedule?
Author: Spoony81

Date: 10/23/16 12:50

Of course, the corporate website. Guess I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but still, I do not see any schedule posted there, anybody know of one? === === = === JLH

Date: 10/23/16 13:02
Author: jderoo

On that page under Holiday Express, click on the link below that says 2016 Holiday Express Schedule.

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course, the corporate website. Guess I'm not
> the sharpest tool in the shed, but still, I do not
> see any schedule posted there, anybody know of
> one? === === = === JLH

Date: 10/23/16 14:23

By George, there it is, hey thanks! Do they usually move between locations at night? === === = === JLH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/16 14:25 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 10/23/16 16:51
Author: TTownTrains

When they move depends on where they stay the previous night.  In this area, for example, after they stop in DeQueen, AR they'll probably move the train to the Heavener, OK yard and spend the night.  The next stop is only 12 miles away in Poteau, OK, so they'll likely move the train there from Heavener the afternoon of the show.

Bill Gillfillan
Tulsa, OK

Date: 10/24/16 10:06
Author: Spoony81

I noticed this year they won't be going east of KC to St. Louis and into Illinois. Kind of a bummer because the Holiday train was started by employees of the Gateway Western along that line, KCS continued it and made it bigger when it aquired the GWWR.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds