Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > How a "shot" disappears!

Date: 11/25/16 01:30
How a "shot" disappears!
Author: funnelfan

Many of you likely saw my photo from yesterday that dates to 2003. The reason I was looking at it in the first place was I was in this same area on Tuesday with a friend trying to find this photo location. But I could not, and was preplexed that I could not find the same angle which I knew was right off next to the road. Well the good news is that I'm not going crazy after all....always a good thing! Below is the photo I posted yesterday and a aerial image from 2004 showing the photo spot and direction of the camera.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/25/16 01:34
Re: How a "shot" disappears!
Author: funnelfan

Not only has a substation and power lines intruded on the scene in the intervening 13 years, but the homeowner has added so much fill dirt as to totally obscure the right side of the view! Last image is the same view as my 2003 photo.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/25/16 05:01
Author: PHall

How dare they improve their property! The nerve!

Date: 11/25/16 06:18
Author: AndyBrown

Snotty remarks aside, these "difference of decades" posts are always interesting.  And that '03 shot is killer!

Andy 

Date: 11/25/16 08:36
Author: callum_out

The Milwaukee Road yard in Butte, yikes! Another power company issue.

Out

Date: 11/25/16 17:55
Author: jgmiller

I love posts that show changes over time as well. Obviously the homeowner really hated the substation so he increased the fill but what's even more interesting to me is how nature has taken over the fill and shaped it. There is now native vegitation and weathering down of the slopes so it almost doesn't look man made. It makes you realize how easily nature makes changes to our world.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds