Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Promise for Another Help at San Luis Obispo, CA

Date: 11/28/16 15:26
The Promise for Another Help at San Luis Obispo, CA
Author: Zephyr

While riding Amtak No. 14, Coast Starlight, from Los Angeles to Martinez last Saturday, my business class seat placed me adjacent to the ever patient helper units positioned at San Luis Obispo when we made the station stop.  A moderate rain shower had just ended and when the sun came out of the clouds a brilliant rainbow appeared above the two SD70s.  I was reminded of Noah and the Ark, the promise of the rainbow and how it applies to these locomotives, who usually only help the loaded oil cans over Cuesta grade 2-3 times per week.  The rest of the time they sit quietly awaiting the promise of their next help.

Zephyr

Date: 11/29/16 01:25
Re: The Promise for Another Help at San Luis Obispo, CA
Author: Fizzboy7

Very nice show and story.

Date: 11/29/16 06:07
Author: Atsf814

Yes. Very neat story!

Date: 11/29/16 09:48
Author: grafvonb49

Imagine in many years past, being there aboard the Coast Daylight behind a 4400-series in red, orange and black livery and in place of the yellow monsters, a slumbering, snoring decapod...
Great shots, love SLO.  Mountain, single-track railroading!

grafvonb49

Date: 11/29/16 10:05
Author: casavoye

Very nice Pete! Maybe the "Pot of Gold" at the end of the rainbow, is even in the UP era these helpers are still needed!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds