Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tier 4 Storm and a bad case of impatience on the Coast Route

Date: 01/21/17 13:33
Tier 4 Storm and a bad case of impatience on the Coast Route
Author: SCUfoamer

Yesterday, I got a very timely heads-up from JMF1910 (Thank you, I wouldn't get half the catches if it wasn't for you). He said that the Tier 4 loco wasn't taken off in Oakland, and was going to make it all of the way to LA. We met at College Park in San Jose to shoot Amtrak's Coast Starlight #11 with the Tier 4 leading. Unfortunately, he had to go back to work, but I saw a break in the storm and deiced to get some shots south of Gilroy (Gambling on some sunshine).

I made it down to Corporal, just south of Gilroy. The shot was perfect; dramatic clouds in the background with direct sunlight on the subject. I waited and waited for the perfect shot, but the rain storm decided to come back with avenging. I made the last minute decision to book it to downtown Gilroy to shoot #11 - Missed it. DAMMIT! 

Like a participation trophy, The Hollister local had just finished it's trip down the branchline, so I snapped one consolation price as the crew ran around their train to head back to Watsonville... Behind the Starlight.

Date: 01/21/17 16:58
Re: Tier 4 Storm and a bad case of impatience on the Coast Route
Author: BNSF-6432

Really like #3!

PQM

Date: 01/21/17 17:29
Author: jimB

I like the shot at College Park with the signals at CP Franklin & CP Coast in the background. Looks like it was raining hard at Coast, like it was at Alviso. It was very hit and miss whether we got drenched or were in the sun for that train. Nice set of shots!

Jim B

Date: 01/21/17 23:06
Author: cchan006

Nice moody shots, #1 and #3.

I see you expressed some frustrations with what could have been on #2... sowing seeds for future revenge railfanning?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds