Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tie Replacement at SLO

Date: 02/16/17 09:26
Tie Replacement at SLO
Author: africansteam

Wednesday was hair cut day at San Luis Obispo for my wife and I.  While Sharon was under the scissors I checked out the activities at the depot. On my last visit the tie gang had just dropped off piles of new ties and today the job appeared to be mostly completed. Tie gang seemed to be done for the day.

Rail Service and Logistics was on site with a fresh and shiny Western Star trailing a couple of piggyback flats and a Komatsu excavator, so I snapped the photos seen here as I waited for the Southbound Coast Starlight to depart. The first photo sows the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum. The building is the former SP Freight house while the tracks in the foreground contain an SP Caboose, observation car La Cuesta and a recently donated SP water car. The close up shots of the Western Star are for the model guys.

Cheers,
Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/17 09:40 by africansteam.

Date: 02/16/17 09:27
Re: Tie Replacement at SLO

More.

Date: 02/16/17 09:28

Finis.

Date: 02/16/17 21:35
Author: DynamicBrake

Jack, nice catch in SLO town.  Thanks for sharing some really good shots. 

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 02/17/17 06:31
Author: Josiah

I believe the slow order for the tie work today is 30 MPH MP 257 to MP 260 indicating the tie gang has reached the Pismo/Grover area.  They are working at night rain or shine.

Date: 02/17/17 10:55

Josiah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the slow order for the tie work today is
> 30 MPH MP 257 to MP 260 indicating the tie gang
> has reached the Pismo/Grover area.  They are
> working at night rain or shine.

Josiah,

Thanks for the info. Doing that work in the dark and rain must be really miserable!

Cheers,
Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/17 10:59 by africansteam.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds