Home Open Account Help 137 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Conditions at The Bluff and Hill 582

Date: 02/23/17 16:48
Conditions at The Bluff and Hill 582
Author: 6088

Howdy,

I haven't been up to the Bluff or Hill 582 for a few years.  I don't even remember how to drive into them.  Any pointers on driving in there, and hows the roads, are they even accessible currently?

Date: 02/23/17 19:18
Re: Conditions at The Bluff and Hill 582
Author: MrMRL

I'd recommend a quick search through the Trainorders Western Forum archives. There are several good and informative posts from the last 6 months or so describing and documenting much of the now very limited off highway access within the Cajon Pass region due to last summers (8/16/16) destructive Blue Cut Wildfire.

In short, pretty much every dirt road that accesses the railroads north of Devore and west of Summit is closed to public access to allow the region to recover. That said, there are still several spots along the paved roads (Cajon Blvd, Cleghorn Rd, Hwy 138, etc.) that are open with views of the railroads. Hwy 138 east of the 15 freeway may be more limited though due to the 138 expansion and realignment project ongoing towards the Summit Valley area.

The Bluff and Hill 582 are both within the closed off burn scar areas.

Mr. MRL

Date: 02/24/17 04:34
Re: Conditions at The Bluff and Hill 582
Author: 6088

Thank you.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds