Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My Take on the UP Special to ICTF

Date: 02/26/17 18:35
My Take on the UP Special to ICTF
Author: erielackawanna

I knew I didn't have time to head far east and chase the UP Special into Long Beach, but I figured I could get one good shot of it in Montebello at the overpass that looks towards the hills in Pico Rivera. As I drove towards Montebello I saw posts from friends that it getting too close so I switched my plan to the curve in Vernon where the train would enter the Alameda Corridor.  Traffic began to build up and it became clear to me I wasn't going to make that shot either so I changed direction and started heading south to Compton for the shot where the train comes out of the Alameda Corridor trench just north of 91. Another friend's post made me realize I couldn't beat the train there either so I tried to make it to the Del Amo overpass in Carson. As I pulled up towards the overpass I saw the train already passing CP Alameda.

Out of good options, I pulled a U-turn and raced back to the ICTF yard lead. I found parking about a 1/2 mile away and ran back to the overpass above the lead while I also changed lenses to a pancake 40mm that might, if I was lucky, shoot through the extremely-tight mesh fence. I beat the train there by about 2 minutes and saw it was a lot of work for a shot of a UP diesel under a freeway, but that's life. I did get an interesting going away of the train pulling into ICTF from the fence across the street.

And that's my story!  :-)

Date: 02/27/17 11:53
Re: My Take on the UP Special to ICTF
Author: TheNavigator

Glad you were able to catch it, Charles.  That train sure did move right along all the way from Yuma to ICTF.
GK

Date: 02/28/17 20:50
Re: My Take on the UP Special to ICTF
Author: casco17

Thx for posting

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds