Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Help with history on a unit and just a shot

Date: 02/26/17 19:40
Help with history on a unit and just a shot
Author: ns2557

While headed north today out of Texas went up and west thru Hugo Ok and the Kiamichi RR. Over on the Main here in Hugo Ok was an EB. Last unit was the KRR/ G&W GP40-3 3055.  I can not find any info on the background on this one.  Can anyone perhaps provide some for it?  Rather fresh Paint on it, so I am guessing it is perhaps "new" to the Kiamichi.Frame nmbr was "buried" under many layers of paint and I could not "see" it.  

Shot 2. This was on the south side of Mt Pleasant Tx, also on the way north.Not sure what line this actually is. I see on some maps I have, that this line may come south out of the Texarkana Ar/Tx area and head south on the east side of the Dallas Tx area. Looks like it may go thru Corsicanna, which I believe would make it ex Cotton Belt Trackage.  Anyone know for sure the background on the trackage this one is on?  The train is UP 5534S with UP 6858 trailing. Obviously a Stacker.   Thanks to any and all replies.   Ben

Date: 02/26/17 20:58
Re: Help with history on a unit and just a shot
Author: tomstp

Cotton Belt.

Date: 02/26/17 21:33
Author: MP555

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cotton Belt.

No.

Date: 02/27/17 12:56
Author: SP8595

UP 5534: ZYCSA-25 (Premium Intermodal-Yard Center, IL-San Antonio)

Date: 02/27/17 15:27
Author: WP282

MP555 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tomstp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cotton Belt.
>
> No.

It looks to have had the dynamic brakes removed. There is also a small cut out in the nose and early radiator grills. I'm guessing ex-Rio Grande or Western Pacific. Ex-KCS or MoPac are also possibilities.

Mike

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds