Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi area information for the railroad tourist

Date: 03/12/17 11:11
Tehachapi area information for the railroad tourist
Author: Century636

Hello all, I am from New Zealand and I making a visit to Tehachapi for a few days in late March. I have not been railfanning there for a few years and am aware that some changes to access to familiar old locations have been made. By way of further information about this aspect and any other general helpful tips from members  would be very welcme Thanks in advance.

Date: 03/12/17 12:23
Re: Tehachapi area information for the railroad tourist
Author: railwaybaron

I would ALSO check the CA DOT or Calif. Highway Patrol about Summit Valley Road being open on weekends. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/17 13:49 by railwaybaron.

Date: 03/12/17 12:39
Author: MojaveBill

I've never heard of Summit Valley Road in the area - you should check on SR 58 and Tehachapi-Woodford Road, which goes right to The Loop from Keene on the west end. 58 is the freeway from Mojave to Bakersfield.
Keene is half-way between these two places and has a great restaurant!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 03/12/17 13:37
Author: donner_dude1

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would check the CA DOT or Calif. Highway Patrol
> about Summit Valley Road being open on weekends. 

Wrong location. Summit Valley Road is at the top of Cajon Pass.

Date: 03/12/17 13:48
Author: railwaybaron

Oh Lordy! I know that Summit Valley Road is in Cajon, I have been shooting in Cajon since Kodachrome was 10 ASA, and trump was card play instead of girl play! The Kiwi was asking about other So Cal locations as well! 

Date: 03/12/17 16:34
Author: Century636

yes the English/Kiwi foamer will be dropping by Cajon as well. I am aware that 138 will be closed at this time......drat!

Date: 03/13/17 08:15
Author: czuleget

There is a lot of nice restaurants in Tehachapi. drive around you can find Tucker road and head south off of Tehachapi road from down town Sonic, Duncan Donuts, a great Burgers place west of Tucker road called Frosty's and many shops in the area.  I just came back from Bear Valley springs visiting a friend at his new home. Its is just west of town in a gated community.     

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds