Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Daygo's and Auto trains

Date: 04/19/17 21:58
BNSF Daygo's and Auto trains
Author: jkurt

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Daygo and Auto trains still run to San Diego? I haven't seen them on the cajon webcam on virtualrailfan for a week or so. If anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated. Its been difficult to see because the San Juan webcam on railcams has been down since Sept 9th last year and the San Diego webcam at Destinationwebcam has been down for nearly a year. Wish those would come back up.

Thanks,

Kurt

Date: 04/19/17 22:38
Re: BNSF Daygo's and Auto trains
Author: atsf98

The yard in San Diego was stacked full of auto racks a few hours ago. Sometimes they sneak em through at odd hours, I've even seen them go through mid day before.

Date: 04/20/17 07:13
Author: Cliffs619

There was an auto rain leaving San Diego Tuesday evening about 10:00 p.m. It had about 50 auto racks. Empties usually arrive in San Diego about 4:00 a.m. prior to the commuter railroad scheduled start.

Date: 04/20/17 08:48
Author: JPBX

It's also possible to keep tabs on San Diego freight using ATCS Monitor by looking for extra movements on the Olive Sub. For instance, looking at the ATCS log, it looks like the last two southbounds toward San Diego went down the Olive Sub at 7:20 pm and 7:32 pm last night, and the last two northbounds came up the Olive Sub at 12:40 am and 2:24 am this morning.

John

Date: 04/20/17 08:48
Author: suvart

Daygo still goes out between 7 and 9 pm daily. Yesterday's had a tier 4 on it. Autos sneak out around 10 or 11pm. Inbound Daygo is usually in by 12 pm, inbound autos are early morning like Cliff619 said.

Date: 04/20/17 11:06

atsf98 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The yard in San Diego was stacked full of auto
> racks a few hours ago. Sometimes they sneak em
> through at odd hours, I've even seen them go
> through mid day before.

Did you drive by the yard or is the Coronado webcam back online? Thanks for telling me about the autoracks.

Kurt

Date: 04/20/17 11:17

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I must have trouble moving the slider sometimes on the DVR on virtualrailfan to look back to see the Daygo at Cajon. I expect the San Diego train goes by about 12:30pm to 1:30pm on the Cajon Sub. and I am not sure about the Barstow bound train going by Cajon.

Date: 04/25/17 16:42
Author: atsf98

jkurt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> atsf98 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The yard in San Diego was stacked full of auto
> > racks a few hours ago. Sometimes they sneak em
> > through at odd hours, I've even seen them go
> > through mid day before.
>
> Did you drive by the yard or is the Coronado
> webcam back online? Thanks for telling me about
> the autoracks.
>
> Kurt

Sorry about the late reply, l drove by.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds