Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > EMD Tier 4 Demo's in Marshalltown Ia tody

Date: 04/20/17 10:31
EMD Tier 4 Demo's in Marshalltown Ia tody
Author: ns2557

Today I had some time to kill in Marshalltown Ia while waiting on a load. Took a quick tour around town and over in the UP Service Area btwn 3rd Ave and Center St I spotted some rather freshly painted units I at first thought were just plain UP ones. After checking things out abit more and getting to where I could actually see what I was looking at, discovered they were EMD SD70ACe-T4 Demo's in UP Paint. Best shot I could manage shows EMD 1610 & 1609 sitting behind CP 5020 on the service track. They were nose to nose and behind a string of cars on the main line, which prevented me from getting any shots. Not sure which way they are headed when they leave here tho. So here is UP 8989 with EMD 1610/1609 and CP 5020 in Marshalltown Ia this mid morning today.

Question for those who know. What's with the Electro Motive Building here? Saw about 4 CP Rail Units all SD40-2's except the 5020 along with some other UP SD70ACe's here. This a contract Shop? Thanks for any replies. Ya'll have a nice day. Ben

Date: 04/20/17 12:24
Re: EMD Tier 4 Demo's in Marshalltown Ia tody
Author: HotWater

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Question for those who know. What's with the
> Electro Motive Building here? Saw about 4 CP Rail
> Units all SD40-2's except the 5020 along with some
> other UP SD70ACe's here. This a contract Shop?
> Thanks for any replies. Ya'll have a nice day.
> Ben

That is one of the Progress Rail rebuild shops.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds