Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF KC Intermodal Facility from above on New Year's Day

Date: 04/23/17 18:49
BNSF KC Intermodal Facility from above on New Year's Day
Author: docgrommesh

I went over to see if the there was much going on at the newer BNSF KC Intermodal Facility on New Year’s day 2017. There really wasn't. Just some JB Hunt stuff getting moved around. Probably for show just in case JB Hunt was watching to make sure it is a 24/7 facility...

It is amazing how fast this site has just exploded. The video doesn't even show a fraction of the Truck Transfer Warehouses that are going up like popcorn pops once it gets going in the popper. (If they even make popcorn poppers anymore??) They have built even more since this video was taken. Amazing the amount of stuff that goes thru just even one facility. They were not crazy to stick it out on the outskirts of town. Edgerton, KS to be exact because there is land out there as far as the eye can see to build on. It would be interesting to see what the final product as far as the facility will look like when completed. If anyone knows of a link to maybe a rendering of it? that would be awesome to see.

I had to put some music to it because I didn't have any sound to put with the video. I hope it makes the experience a little more exciting.

Enjoy the View!
Doc

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/23/17 19:13
Re: BNSF KC Intermodal Facility from above on New Year's Day
Author: mearsksealand

Great video--it is interesting to see how these large cranes work all the tracks as well as the stacks along the tracks

What is the trucking operation off to the left in the video?

Dale Smith

Date: 04/23/17 19:21
Author: czephyr17

Wow! That really gives a perspective of the size of the facility that you don't get on the ground. Nicely done, I liked your choice of music too. Could have been a BNSF publicity video!

Date: 04/23/17 19:44

mearsksealand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video--it is interesting to see how these
> large cranes work all the tracks as well as the
> stacks along the tracks
>
> What is the trucking operation off to the left in
> the video?
>
> Dale Smith

Thanks for the compliment! I am not sure what all is over there. I know Coleman has a building and I believe Amazon has at least one over there for distribution. These buildings are like distribution centers on crack they are so big it is mind blowing. They are for the most part all prefabricated so they go up so fast you blink and another one is breaking ground.

Date: 04/23/17 19:50

czephyr17 Wrote:
> Wow! That really gives a perspective of the size
> of the facility that you don't get on the ground.
> Nicely done, I liked your choice of music too.
> Could have been a BNSF publicity video!

It is really hard to find music to put in videos that you don't have to get permission to use. I thought it fit pretty good. Thanks!
I may have to see if I could land a few extra bucks selling them a video! It could pay for all the railfanning I do...lol

Date: 04/23/17 20:20
Author: DynamicBrake

Interesting video from an interesting perspective. Did you have to get permission from BNSF to photograph from a drone? Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 04/24/17 07:03
Author: Lee_in_KC

The rate of construction of big boxes has been truly amazing. Over 7,000,000 sq. ft. completed or under construction since opening in Oct. 2013.

http://www.logisticsparkkc.com/

Date: 04/24/17 13:02
Author: wmbrakeman

wonderful video and great pick for the music ,

amazing operation

Date: 04/24/17 13:53

Lee_in_KC Wrote:
> The rate of construction of big boxes has been
> truly amazing. Over 7,000,000 sq. ft. completed
> or under construction since opening in Oct. 2013.
>
> http://www.logisticsparkkc.com/

Thanks for the link Lee!

Doc

Date: 04/24/17 14:25
Author: KsPoker

The music sure fits the video. I think that's the best video (without trains in the picture) that you've done so far!

You're getting good at the video and music editing.

Don't forget to take good care of those grandsons of mine instead of droning all the time. :)

Keep up the good work!

Dad

Date: 04/24/17 15:13
Author: ns1000

GREAT video!!

That is an impressive facility...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds