Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Fe boxcars and autoracks

Date: 04/26/17 23:10
Santa Fe boxcars and autoracks
Author: SantaFeRuss

Curious to know, has anyone seen any large logo Santa Fe boxcars recently? I see Santa Fe 60 ft "beer cars" quite often with the small logos and some with just the ATSF reporting marks, but not the large Santa Fe logo. Also has any Santa Fe auto racks been spotted roaming the rails? Thank you for any response.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/17 23:32
Re: Santa Fe boxcars and autoracks
Author: Ritzville

Come to think of it, with all the manifest trains rolling thru the backyard, I only saw one large logo Santa Fe boxcar in the last year. I also have lots of auto trains going by and can't remember seeing one Santa Fe auto rack car. Lots of BNSF cars. Funny, still see quite a few SP auto racks rolling by.

Larry

Date: 04/27/17 00:01
Author: SantaFeRuss

Ritzville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come to think of it, with all the manifest trains
> rolling thru the backyard, I only saw one large
> logo Santa Fe boxcar in the last year. I also have
> lots of auto trains going by and can't remember
> seeing one Santa Fe auto rack car. Lots of BNSF
> cars. Funny, still see quite a few SP auto racks
> rolling by.
>
> Larry

Larry, even the Burlington Northern boxcars and auto racks are getting scarce. In Pittsburgh, I do sometimes see a BN auto rack, but not like I used to. Many many Burlington Northern Santa Fe auto racks come through Pittsburgh, the BNSF lettered cars and also the round Santa Fe styled logo racks. It has been more than a year since I have seen a Burlington Northern boxcar. Even longer for the large logo Santa Fe boxcars.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/27/17 18:30
Author: PHall

I don't think Santa Fe has used the "large" Santa Fe logo since about 1985 or so.

Date: 04/28/17 10:19
Author: SCL1517

One thing about it--that Havelock car shop seems to paint a LOT of cars. I'm no fan of the swoosh, but BNSF seems to take pretty good care of their car fleet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.056 seconds