Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Question about Valley detours

Date: 04/28/17 14:15
Question about Valley detours
Author: SPMemphisFreight

UP public website is showing the following LA@SL trains are running as 'detours': ZLAG1, ZCIGI, KG1LA, KG1CI. Are they running these on the Golden State Rte? If so, is it due to crew avails or something else? Thx..

Date: 04/28/17 14:45
Re: Question about Valley detours
Author: ross

Those are not trains from the Valley Sub, after that, I have no clue...

Date: 04/28/17 14:51
Author: CaliforniaSteam

SPMemphisFreight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UP public website is showing the following LA@SL
> trains are running as 'detours': ZLAG1, ZCIGI,
> KG1LA, KG1CI. Are they running these on the
> Golden State Rte? If so, is it due to crew avails
> or something else? Thx..

From what I understand the only trains that are detouring over the LASL are the ZBRLC westbound and the IDITAX trains eastbound. The ZLCBR trains are still running north via Bakersfield-Roseville-over the BNSF to Klamath Falls, OR as well as the manifest trains taking this route.

The ZLAG1, ZCIG1 trains are being detoured via Yuma, AZ Sunset then Golden State route. The KG1CI, KG1LAC trains are still running on the LASL for right now.

CS

Date: 04/28/17 14:58
Author: SPMemphisFreight

Ok thanks. UP showing KG1LA-28 and KG1CI-28 to be detours as well. Guess it's a crew avail thing on LA&SL.

Date: 04/28/17 19:01
Author: HogheadMike

Yesterday I worked one of the Valley sub reroutes from Pocatello to Nampa. It was the IYRTAD (Yermo to Tacoma). It was routed over the LA&SL. We went in the siding for absolutely EVERYTHING. They treated it worse than everything else out there. We are definately seeing a spike in our business though. At least 6 trains per day including a few manifests from Roseville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 19:02 by HogheadMike.

Date: 04/28/17 20:58
Author: ble692

HogheadMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yesterday I worked one of the Valley sub reroutes
> from Pocatello to Nampa. It was the IYRTAD (Yermo
> to Tacoma). It was routed over the LA&SL. We
> went in the siding for absolutely EVERYTHING.
> They treated it worse than everything else out
> there. We are definately seeing a spike in our
> business though. At least 6 trains per day
> including a few manifests from Roseville.

If that was a re-symboled IDITA or IDITAX, then that is pretty much normal treatment for the train. Was it a train full of empty mostly Evergreen containers looking like a Christmas tree (predominately red and green international containers)?

Date: 04/30/17 13:16
Author: strench707

It is one of the IDITA/IDITAX trains that had already reached SoCal at the time of the incident and were flipped back up Cajon to Yermo. Subsequent IDITA/IDITAX trains as I understand are running as IDITAD's via Kansas and the Overland.

Davis

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds