Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Rains of Ozol

Date: 05/21/17 12:28
The Rains of Ozol
Author: phthithu

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/18 14:21 by phthithu.

Date: 05/21/17 12:54
Re: The Rains of Ozol
Author: Ritzville

Nice night rain shots. Glad to you received some late in May.

Larry

Date: 05/21/17 15:17
Author: CimaScrambler

Reflections in rail puddles are pure magic. These are very good. Thanks for sharing.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 05/21/17 16:10
Author: santafe199

Really nice stuff! I remember as a kid noticing how clear & clean & sharply focused everything looked just after a heavy rain. It miraculously occurred to me that a photographer should go out and shoot something, anything right after such a deluge because everything was so sharp. And this was years before I actually picked up a camera for serious photography. It's amazing how dirty the air gets, and we never really notice until a heavy rain comes along...

Lance/199

Date: 05/21/17 19:40
Author: DynamicBrake

Thanks for sharing a really nice series. The Ozol shot's are great.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 05/21/17 21:40
Author: Ozolian

Awesome photos!!!! Spent many of a day working out of Ozol. Back in the 1970's or early 80's we had a similar winter with heavy rains. One storm caused flooding and then the tide came in and caused severe problems. The old Espee yard office didn't have a raised foundation and flood waters would drown the building. The best picture I recall was the yardmaster sitting at his desk with a foot of water covering the floor and he had his fishing pole trying to hook a fish. Ozol was one of the last places to enjoy Railroading "old school".

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/17 22:49 by Ozolian.

Date: 05/21/17 23:26
Author: JamesSchlinger

Some excellent examples of low light photography. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Date: 05/22/17 04:36
Author: jmbreitigan

Great work. My favorite is photo #2 with the signal lights.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds