Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Collins Pine - Klamath Falls OR

Date: 05/26/17 07:04
Collins Pine - Klamath Falls OR
Author: shortlineboss

Is the Collins Pine mill in K Falls open or closed to the UP?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

Date: 05/26/17 11:45
Re: Collins Pine - Klamath Falls OR
Author: Graybeard1942

I'll be up in the area for about ten days starting Tuesday morning. I'll try to remember to drive back there and snoop around. I seem to recall seeing a small job heading into the power producing facility there on the west side of the river. That may have been a while ago. The satellite imagery is pretty good and I could not see any cars set out back along that stretch even though there is a whole lot of track.

The UP job that crosses the river tends to head out around four p.m. from my past experience. The BNSF job seems to be more random. It is fun to watch the BNSF job come out of its yard and immediately go into the crossover and switch to the White City Line. I have a video made from around the stockyards.

Photographing from that south area has to be more stealth nowadays. Folks from both UP and BNSF are getting more antsy. Sad.

Date: 05/26/17 17:15
Author: lynnpowell

In looking at Google Satellite view, the Collins Pine mill in K Falls has quite a bit of railroad track in place. I can see three centerbeam cars being loaded on three separate tracks. Can't tell if BNSF or UP switches them. Is this Collins Pine mill on the site of the old Weyerhauser mill that used to be fed logs off of the OC&E?

Date: 05/26/17 20:19
Author: 70ACE

lynnpowell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In looking at Google Satellite view, the Collins
> Pine mill in K Falls has quite a bit of railroad
> track in place. I can see three centerbeam cars
> being loaded on three separate tracks. Can't tell
> if BNSF or UP switches them. Is this Collins Pine
> mill on the site of the old Weyerhauser mill that
> used to be fed logs off of the OC&E?

Yes, and it has been serviced by the BNSF.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds