Home Open Account Help 158 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 2010 at Sunset

Date: 06/01/17 09:28
UP 2010 at Sunset
Author: Scone_Empire

Yesterday, a little birdie on my shoulder told me that UP 2010 (the Boy Scout unit) would make an appearance on the ZDVSC-31. In the last moments of daylight, the UPS train swooped around Grant Tower (C783) on the final approach to SLCIT. The train runs 5 days a week from Denver to Salt Lake City, favoring UP's Overland Route through Wyoming instead of the Grande's Moffat route.

First photo: The entire consist was made up of a ES44AC, a 'Notch Nose' SD70M, another ES44AC and an SD70ACe. The rough skyline of the 'Salty City' can be seen in the background.

Second photo: The stickers were still intact, for the most part. Yet I fear that this unit has no hopes of a BSA repainting, in favor of a traditional flag.

Third photo: The train is well known for it's continued usage of the 'Piggyback' train format, as testified with this almost solid line of 20' and 48' trailers. The EMP and Hub Group containers (can be seen behind the signal bridge) are becoming more common on this train, as are other doublestack containers and well cars.

Schon Norris
Salt Lake City, UT
Railroad Roll-By Podcast

Date: 06/01/17 12:22
Re: UP 2010 at Sunset
Author: SimpleMoMike

Very nice lighting on the BSA unit, I just caught that same engine set pulling an autorack/intermodal train out of San Bernardino earlier in the week at sunrise.

Michael Mickens
Rialto, CA

Date: 06/01/17 13:04
Author: GrandeGold

I dare UP to run stacked containers on the Moffat.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/01/17 19:47
Author: Scone_Empire

GrandeGold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dare UP to run stacked containers on the Moffat.
>
>
> Posted from iPhone

Not to worry, just a few tunnels and they'll lose half the load! They should definitely arrive before sundown now!

Schon Norris
Salt Lake City, UT
Railroad Roll-By Podcast

Date: 06/02/17 11:43
Author: atsf121

Nice catch, still looks ok. I had fun showing my Cub Scouts some photos I got of it the other year.

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds