Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few photos from the end of May

Date: 06/12/17 16:38
A few photos from the end of May
Author: vegasrails

May 24th I finally thought I have some time to get out and chase some trains but instead a number of schools asked for safety presentations and it seemed like I never get near the tracks. Finishing a OLI presentation I texted a friend who related that the ZLADV was departing Valley Yard. Being near little Chinatown in Clark County Nevada I thought I never catch the train, driving a bit over the limit I attempted to get a shot of it at the I-15 overpass near Dry Lake, but Nevada Highway Patrol stopped and told me to move on, hence I snapped this shot at the Moapa Indian Reservation as it broke off from paralleling I-15 (UP 4996), that ended my chasing for the day.
On the 26 I had a small window in the afternoon and was advised of a meet on the Cima subdivision at Erie of two MWCNP's and a westbound K train so off I went. 2nd photo is UP 8118 MWCNP 24, tied down at Erie with communication problems between the head end and rear DPU's, behind UP 8118 was a pair of KCS locomotives but the photos didn't turn out. Next up Photo #3 is MWCNP 25 passing UP 8118 at Erie. More to come

Date: 06/12/17 16:51
Re: A few photos from the end of May
Author: vegasrails

Last of my shots of May 26 was a westbound K train bound for Long Beach UP 7878 or so I was informed taken as it clears Erie station, Photo #4. The following day was a family reunion in St George Utah and finally St George has themselves a train the CP Huntington locomotive a gas operated 4-2-4 locomotive created by Chance rides operating in one of the local parks Photos #5. Thanks for looking

Date: 06/13/17 19:43
Author: cchan006

vegasrails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The following day was a family reunion in St
> George Utah and finally St George has themselves a
> train the CP Huntington locomotive a gas operated
> 4-2-4 locomotive created by Chance rides
> operating in one of the local parks Photos #5.
> Thanks for looking

Thanks for posting! Interesting info about St. George.

I visit Las Vegas about once a year, splitting time between scenic drive/hiking and foaming, so it's good to see a local posting a report. That curve at Erie is a neat location.

Date: 06/22/17 23:52
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Very Nice Series!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds