Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Midwest Colors

Date: 06/17/17 07:27
Midwest Colors
Author: pyroman

Thursday afternoon I ducked out of the office early after having spent the prior afternoon, evening and into the night restoring a client from a double server hardware failure. Do I go home and mow the lawn and other chores – nah! ATCS showed lots of trains moving. First up is as BNSF 5915 leading an eastbound into La Crosse. I don't do much but this image seems to fit the conditions as it was hot and humid kind of making one feel washed out. Next over to Dakota, MN for a late running Amtrak #8.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:29 by pyroman.

Re: Midwest Colors

I hung about as ATCS showed someone following #8 which turned out to be UP and CP leading a bunch of cans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:31 by pyroman.

Caught the BNSF Employee Appreciation Special returning from a run north to Alma, WI passing under the WI 35 bridge work (year #2)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:31 by pyroman.

Friday was a day off from having worked last Saturday so I headed south to wait for the BNSF O train. First up was the morning Z flying south along the river near Stoddard, WI. Setting up camp at Nickelotti north of Genoa my phone rings and it is RRartist, he says he is camped out at Victory waiting – sound of horn of the Z-train in the background on the phone – gotta go. Bit later a vehicle train shows up past my location as a barge heads north while an eagle keeps watch as well – think the eagle is railfanning too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:33 by pyroman.

Clouds were doing their best to gum up the works but a hole opened up just as the special hit the curve. With crews working on main one to replace the approached of Bad Axe bridge south of Genoa I knew there would be plenty of time to get ahead. Arrived at the Victory “Railfan Overlook” just as some clouds arrived – sorry Jim, but I did get lucky before maybe the luck will follow. The vehicle train made it thought the form B, all of 8 miles since I last saw him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:35 by pyroman.

The sun returned just in time for the special.

Same location, different shooters.
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4318383

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:37 by pyroman.

We watched the trailing power fade away as the train headed for Galena for "First Responder" Appreciation. Another vehicle train V-TACLPC shows up still with the sun shining but clouds were on the march. Z-SSECHC shows up along with the clouds so I opted to do a quick video for an interesting sounding horn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:46 by pyroman.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/17/17 07:28

Headed south in search of the sun and to check out the PdC / Marquette area, not much going on so started to head back north with a stop just north in the Charme, WI area. BNSF 8344 showed up with stacks in tow eastbound. Sometime later the NS 8124 and friend headed north past the same location with the NSINTW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:41 by pyroman.

Date: 06/17/17 07:28

Light had gone bad even for June as the BNSF 5283 with a NTWBRC looking train headed south while I headlined back north. Stopped at CP2546 aka Lynxville, WI for the last train of the day lead by a colorful mix of power leading the NTWKCK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 07:43 by pyroman.

Date: 06/17/17 08:26
Author: the_expediter

ATCS...a tool every Railfan wishes he/she had ...

Date: 06/17/17 08:52
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Series!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/17/17 09:00
Author: ntharalson

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Aha! There's that dead tree in the video that confounds us at the Victory
overlook! You and rrartist need to get that cut down! LOL

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 06/17/17 09:42
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for a really NICE series!

Larry

Date: 06/17/17 11:45
Author: BruceStikkers

Nice to get the towboat and train in one shot-great job. The Mississippi really makes a great backdrop for trains in that area.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 06/17/17 18:03
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff..!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 06/18/17 00:12
Author: theironhorse

pyroman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We watched the trailing power fade away as the
> train headed for Galena for "First Responder"
> Appreciation. Another vehicle train V-TACLPC
> shows up still with the sun shining but clouds
> were on the march. Z-SSECHC shows up along with
> the clouds so I opted to do a quick video for an
> interesting sounding horn.

You're welcome! (That was me on the Z)

The Iron Horse

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0836 seconds