Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > EMD Demo units spotted on Fort Scott Sub.

Date: 06/19/17 20:39
EMD Demo units spotted on Fort Scott Sub.
Author: JoCoLB

Those two GM EMD Demo engines that have been making the rounds on the BNSF Railway system were observed late Monday afternoon, June 9, 2017, in Miami County, Kansas, on the Fort Scott Sub., more than a half-hour south of Kansas City.

I shot the attached video at 5:44 p.m. near a rural crossing, 1 mile south of Paola, Kan.

Demo unit Nos. 1603 and 1604 were running in the second and third spots on a three-engine consist pulling a southbound manifest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/17 21:57 by JoCoLB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/19/17 20:43
Re: GM EMD Demo units spotted on Fort Scott Sub.

I managed to get a grab photo of the two demo units about 20 minutes earlier at Hillsdale, Kan. I wasn't satisfied with the lighting because of heavy clouds.

Date: 06/19/17 20:47

Today was the second time I've been able to observe the two EMD Demo engines on the move.

I happened to see the locomotives when they were much shinier on Labor Day, 2016, when they were passing through Strong City, Kan., on the La Junta Sub. The two locomotives were buried in the middle of a seven-engine consist on an eastbound train.

(Video and stills by Larry Byers)

Date: 06/19/17 21:14
Author: arizonaBNSF

There's nothing GM about those. GM sold off EMD back in 2004. There is very little EMD about those as they were built by Progress Rail. Progress Rail bought EMD and only uses the Electro-Motive name for marketing purposes.

Date: 06/19/17 21:57

Sorry. I'll plead old age and bad habits.

Date: 06/20/17 06:22
Author: goneon66

I saw them e/b on the Seligman sub a few days ago........

Date: 06/20/17 08:39
Author: wag216

No problem, Larry. This photo was on the Frisco, all things considered. (lol, lol) wag216

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds