Home Open Account Help 193 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stacks are usually priority, but.......

Date: 06/21/17 05:30
Stacks are usually priority, but.......
Author: twjurgens

Near Waverly, NE yesterday evening, BNSF 6907 & 6707 (8277 dpu) were westbound on main 1 with a fairly long stack train. As this train cleared the crossing, I spotted 6009 & 6095 (6150 dpu) westbound on main 2 overtaking the stack train. The weigh station on Highway 6 is closed for the evening in the 3rd photo. I'll bet the crews were relieved to know that they wouldn't need to stop there!:)

Both trains then were held at 98th Street on the east edge of Lincoln waiting for other traffic to clear. The coal empty was allowed to proceed first. Maybe the crew on the coal empty was running out of time?

Regardless of the reason for the coal empty receiving priority, it was interesting to see.

{one more}

Date: 06/21/17 05:30
Re: Stacks are usually priority, but.......
Author: twjurgens

The last shot is of 6150 at 84th here in Lincoln. For me, the flag in the background makes this a good photo location!

Date: 06/21/17 11:55
Author: gmojim

The westbound stack train was international steamship containers and many of them were probably empty returning to the ports on the West Coast. Such westbound international container trains usually have no priority.

gmojim

Date: 06/21/17 16:54
Author: xsphogger

Loads east empties west, part of our balance of trade with China. Jobs south illegals North are trade with Mexico!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds