Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A couple more video of U.P. on the Blue Mtns of Oregon July 2015

Date: 07/15/17 12:23
A couple more video of U.P. on the Blue Mtns of Oregon July 2015
Author: dag-id

First thing,
Sorry about the lighting. Evening sun from the only side of the tracks to get shots due to all of trees.
However, with the low light, it shows just how hard the pull/push is over the steep grades on the Blue Mtns just from the exhaust!!

Video# 1. UP 7352 leading e.b. manifest, approaching Kamela from the west. With UP heritage 1983 lending a hand with a push!!
Video# 2. UP 8016 leading e.b. Z-train approaching Kamela, also from the west on the Blue Mt’s of Oregon.

Thank you again for taking a look.

David
Twin Falls, Idaho

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/15/17 18:23
Re: A couple more video of U.P. on the Blue Mtns of Oregon July 2
Author: billio

Great stuff!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/15/17 19:24
Author: fresno

Very impressive on the ZBRG1 video, thanks for posting. Good stuff from back when those trains were still good size and UP had most of the premium business out of Portland.

That Z train kind of reminded me of the UP's Portland Zs from back in the 1990s, at least until the UPS double stacks showed up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/17 07:19 by SPSF.

Date: 07/15/17 21:39
Author: FiestaFoamer

The video (which is quite nice) was shot a couple of years ago... it was only a few weeks after it was shot that BNSF took back much of the trailer traffic seen here.

UP still has the UPS biz, but you're lucky if you get much in the way of other sorts of trailers on these trains. A typical train now has a couple of cuts of well cars with 53' containers, mostly UPS and EMP, and a cut of trailers with maybe a half-dozen UPS trailers, a couple from ABF, and one or two from other guys, including Yellow.

SPSF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very impressive on the ZBRG1 video, thanks for
> posting.
>
> That Z train kind of reminded me of the UP's
> Portland Zs from back in the 1990s, at least until
> the UPS double stacks showed up. I didn't see any
> FedEx vans on there but looks like UP is still
> holding on to most of the UPS-Yellow/Roadway
> traffic out of Portland these days. Good stuff.

Date: 07/16/17 07:17
Author: fresno

FiestaFoamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The video (which is quite nice) was shot a couple
> of years ago... it was only a few weeks after it
> was shot that BNSF took back much of the trailer
> traffic seen here.

My mistake - didn't even catch the 2015 on the subject line here. Will redo my earlier reply to reflect that fact.

The Zs are definitely smaller now than 2 years ago, with most of the YRC/FedEx stuff gone to the other side of the river. At least UP is still holding onto the UPS traffic.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds