Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > US Army at Ft Carson Colo

Date: 07/22/17 08:31
US Army at Ft Carson Colo
Author: ns2557

On my way out of Colorado last week, went by the base at Ft Carson. Sometimes ya get lucky and can catch one or at least 2 of their assigned units visible from Academy Blvd. Today, July 13, I caught the entire roster visible. Can't recall that before. But here are 2 3GS21B units, the 6506 and 6512 on the left, GP40-2 4653 in the middle to spaek and just visible in the shop is the GP11 4611. Haven't seen that one run for awhile. This is looking southwest with Cheyenne Mtn off to the right. Every once in awile one gets lucky. Ya'll take care. Be well. Ben

Date: 07/22/17 10:12
Re: US Army at Ft Carson Colo
Author: callum_out

Now there's a view that I don't think has ever been posted before, nice work.'

Out

Date: 07/22/17 11:13
Author: tomstp

Lot of track in there.

Date: 07/22/17 12:07
Author: Lee_in_KC

Is the railroad operated by soldiers, civilian employees of the Army or a contractor?

Date: 07/22/17 12:10
Author: ns2557

Lee_in_KC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the railroad operated by soldiers, civilian
> employees of the Army or a contractor?

I believe Civilians, perhaps some weekend warrior types also. Ben

Date: 07/22/17 18:11
Author: PHall

Operated by Department of the Army Civilian Employees.

Date: 07/23/17 01:25
Author: Stottman

The Army does have train crew as a job for Soldiers, but it is Reserve (Weekend warrior) only. As I recall, the unit that has them is out of Michigan or similar.

Today, train crews on Army posts are civilians. Only ever seen them at big posts that have allot of equipment to load onto trains. Ft.Hood, Carson, etc..

Date: 07/23/17 18:47
Author: Wypete

Even though the crew are civilians, rank has its privilege. This was in front of a parking spot on the south side of the building (farthest away in the above photo) when I got a tour of the shop a few years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds