Home Open Account Help 154 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Racing the Storm

Date: 07/24/17 20:52
Racing the Storm
Author: kevink

The last in a series of storms that hit the Chicago area last week rolled across the western suburbs and BNSF's Chicago Sub late Sunday afternoon. I had been staking out the IHB in La Grange without success when the cloud started rolling in and I headed for home. On the way, I spied the headlight of an eastbound freight on the BNSF at Western Springs. It turned out to be BNSF 8009 leading the MGALBRCX23 (Galesburg to Belt Rail Chicago extra).

Heading west on Ogden Avenue, I watched as the storm cell rolled in from north to south. I pulled into a parking lot just west of the Tri-State Tollway to grab some shots. As impressive as the clouds looked, the solid wall of rain to the right was equally impressive.

As for the race, I don't know if the BNSF 8009 was able to stay ahead of the rain. Given that that nasty cloud is sitting more or less over my house, I'll let you all figure that one out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds