Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF H-BARPAS and H-BARVAW CC points.

Date: 08/12/17 13:28
BNSF H-BARPAS and H-BARVAW CC points.
Author: Brodiesel710

Does anyone have details on these two trains? I want to get some shots of them coming through Lodi, CA, or nearest crew change point. BNSF runs through town on the west side. What are these trains CC points on their way to Klamath Falls?

Date: 08/12/17 15:27
Re: BNSF H-BARPAS and H-BARVAW CC points.
Author: Doodle

You may be waiting a long time if you'd like to see these two trains through Lodi. They change crews in Stockton and head north on the ex Western Pacific line through Thornton and South Sacramento next to interstate 5.

I don't know which train is which, but one usually has 3 locomotives and is relatively short (60ish cars) and one has 6 locomotives and is usually 70-80 cars.

As far as timing goes, I usually see a manifest leaving Stockton in the mid morning. And another leaving in the afternoon. Again, I don't know which train is which.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/12/17 15:55
Author: florida581

If I'm not mistaken, H BARPAS is now H BARPAE and H BARVAW is now H BARPAW. Unless, of course, they've changed them back again.

Andrew

Date: 08/12/17 16:47
Author: mapboy

florida581 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I'm not mistaken, H BARPAS is now H BARPAE and
> H BARVAW is now H BARPAW. Unless, of course,
> they've changed them back again.
>
> Andrew

Which they have.  They're back to H BARVAW and H BARPAS.  The H BARVAW generally has returning CN and CP cars for Canada, the H BARPAS often has MRL cars.

mapboy

Date: 08/12/17 16:54
Author: icancmp193

Brodiesel710 Wrote:
> Does anyone have details on these two trains? I
> want to get some shots of them coming through
> Lodi, CA, or nearest crew change point. BNSF runs
> through town on the west side. What are these
> trains CC points on their way to Klamath Falls?

Stockton and Keddie (Quarry Road for nbs and usually just north of the Keddie Wye for sbs). Then Klamath Falls assuming they don't go dead somewhere along the way.

TJY

Date: 08/12/17 18:15
Author: Hookdragkick

Does the BARPAS/PASBAR on its normal route run up to 12,000 tons? I remember the reroutes on the S. Transcon-- Big Dogs.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/12/17 19:15
Author: Valleyman

Between Kingdon and Thornton on the Sac.Sub is considered Lodi. These trains usually leave Stockton between noon and 6pm. I shot both trains, numerous times back to back after 5:00pm through Thornton on the Sac. Sub in the past month. As for as getting them passing through downtown Lodi, next week would be a good time to try. The track gang that has been working on the Sac. Sub north of Sacramento will return next week for another week or so. There just completing there week off. I'm told this workout I use until the end of August. All BNSF trains should reroute to the Fresno sub Stockton to Roseville and on to Marysville. Marysville to Roseville and Stockton as well. Two weeks ago I managed to shoot all the mentioned symbols plus there counterparts numerous times. Good spots in Lodi would be Lockeford street and Tokay. Wide open spots at crossings. Also, the HPVOSTO and HSTOPVO use the Fresno sub three to four times a week as well. I usually meet them at Galt and chase them south if they have good power. Plus the UP is good three to four south bounds also.

Valleyman

Date: 08/12/17 19:19
Author: mapboy

Hookdragkick Wrote:
> Does the BARPAS/PASBAR on its normal route run up
> to 12,000 tons? I remember the reroutes on the S.
> Transcon-- Big Dogs.

Currently they are running the H PASBAK to Bakersfield, not Barstow.  Some recent ones are 7,000 to 11,000 tons.  It's a lot of lumber empties and other empties going north, with the H BARPAS running 3,000-4,000 tons, maybe I only saw the small ones.

mapboy

Date: 08/12/17 22:03
Author: Trains232

mapboy Wrote:
> Hookdragkick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does the BARPAS/PASBAR on its normal route run
> up
> > to 12,000 tons? I remember the reroutes on the
> S.
> > Transcon-- Big Dogs.
>
> Currently they are running the H PASBAK to
> Bakersfield, not Barstow.  Some recent ones are
> 7,000 to 11,000 tons.  It's a lot of lumber
> empties and other empties going north, with the H
> BARPAS running 3,000-4,000 tons, maybe I only saw
> the small ones.
>
> mapboy

The BARPAS has a BAK setout on it, so it can get heavy as long as the BARBAK4 don't run... You won't see a Westbound H train over 10,500ish outta BAR.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0576 seconds