Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > today at cedar city utah

Date: 08/17/17 23:13
today at cedar city utah
Author: tc

On my way back from montana I stopped by and watched the UP local do some switching at the end of the branch line in cedar city (whats left of it) really to bad some low life tagged the lead unit.

Date: 08/17/17 23:14
Re: today at cedar city utah

A couple more shots and then I had to get back on the freeway and back home.

Date: 08/18/17 08:19
Author: atsffan

Is that 1923 date on the culvert the original line's build date? I believe that's what I remember from my short time living there in 1980.

I saw the station is now part of a Best Western hotel complex. At least it (and the Cedar movie theatre!) are still standing.

I've got a bicycle ride planned for So. Utah next month once it cools down a bit.

Date: 08/18/17 08:26
Author: the_expediter

What industries are still served in CC?....SHM

Date: 08/18/17 08:44
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catch, didn't know any of it was still used.
JB

Date: 08/18/17 10:19
Author: callum_out

The line services a number of packaging industries with inbound plastic pellets, plus a very active
plastic pipe manufacturer and the large tank farm at Iron Springs.

Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/17 10:58 by callum_out.

Date: 08/18/17 11:33

Where the train was in the wye there appears to be a lumber yard ,BMC, and another industry on the opposite side then across the street there appears to be a cement transfer plant a propane yard and a couple of other buisness there too, the last time I saw anything running this line was a long time ago which was the (amtrak)oriental express ( pictures somewhere)which actually made it all the way to town now the tracks only go to the freeway which is just behind the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds