Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Patched or unpatched Southern Pacific/Cotton Belt units

Date: 09/20/17 07:25
Patched or unpatched Southern Pacific/Cotton Belt units
Author: SantaFeRuss

A few threads down about operating CNW patched units got me wondering, how many operating Southern Pacific and Cotton Belt units are running around on the Union Pacific? On the Burlington Northern Santa Fe there are quite a few Santa Fe and Burlington Northern locomotives still running around in their respective paint schemes. BNSF even upgrades and or rebuilds some of their units and still leaves them in original paint. So, how many SP and SSW units are still roaming the rails? Can someone "in the know" shed some light on the subject? Thanks for any answers.

SantaFeRuss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/17 07:29 by SantaFeRuss.

Date: 09/20/17 12:31
Re: Patched or unpatched Southern Pacific/Cotton Belt units
Author: MP555

Union Pacific rosters zero SP/SSW/DRGW locomotives. They all carry UP numbers, now.

Date: 09/20/17 16:45
Author: Cliffs619

They may all carry UP numbers with a patch, but I believe the question is about the paint scheme. For example, I recently saw CNW 9741 in original paint in the West Colton yard in southern California On September 16, 2017.
. The number was 9741 (UP patch) but it was clearly in CNW's paint scheme.

Date: 09/21/17 06:57
Author: SantaFeRuss

MP555 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Union Pacific rosters zero SP/SSW/DRGW
> locomotives. They all carry UP numbers, now.

Maybe I should have been clear. Union Pacific locomotives still in paint schemes of the Southern Pacific and Cotton Belt. How many left still roaming the rails?

SantafeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds