Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Surprise Wabash, SD40's, NAFTA Consist, and More

Date: 10/11/17 10:56
Surprise Wabash, SD40's, NAFTA Consist, and More
Author: BNSF-6432

Thanks to good timing and activities drawing me outside the area, it's been pretty colorful and active on the railroads in the area. The highlight probably being the Wabash unit showing up on an outbound I randomly went to check out after a grocery store run, and a NAFTA consist later than evening with BNSF/CP/FXE. I'll let the captions take it from here...

1) Thanks to having football games to referee in Ramona, OK on Sept. 23rd I had time to catch SKOL's last passenger train of the day running out of Dewey, OK for a special event. Seen rocking down the line returning for Dewey, OK

2) On Oct. 1st, a westbound freight rolls into Tulsa (likely a LINTUL) with no swoosh in sight (excluding the coil car)

3) Also Oct 1st, a westbound SLWC train bound for Oklahoma City heads for Sapulpa to join the Sooner Sub with five motors including a HLCX SD40

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/17 11:21 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 10/11/17 11:00
Re: Surprise Wabash, SD40's, NAFTA Consist, and More

4) It appears they have a three man crew as the lead unit passes cars in the UP interchange

5) Oct. 5th, NS 1070 takes third of three on a TULMEM. This is a new (temporary) shooting location after the demolition of the Storey Wrecker building

6) NS 1070 under the BOK arena

Date: 10/11/17 11:04

7) One final look at the Wabash unit, who sounded louder than any of the three units

8) On the same day, this southbound local passes Sapulpa, OK headed for Henreyetta, OK

9) While returning from shooting the local, I spotted the white side of a Ferromex unit from the highway and turned around to find this eastbound train preparing to back into Cherokee Yard

Date: 10/11/17 11:08

10) On the 8th, two SD40's on job 104 still wearing the older paint scheme bring cars back from SKOL passing the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office

11&12) Following 104, 466 returns with one hopper from Claremore, OK with a change in power, now hosted by a pair of rebuilt SD75s and a tired warbonnet entering Cherokee Yard

Date: 10/11/17 11:15

13) On the 9th, the same SD40 pair now have 205 and prepares to switch the Bama Pie industry

14) Yesterday on the 10th, I had to make a quick one day turn to Dallas, and had a little spare time to get a train at Union Station before giving in to the cold wind, so we were provided this 7 unit power move

15) Returning from Dallas, we encountered a northbound grain train around the TX/OK border and followed it to Mcalester, OK. Where we had the best sun angle as an AC6000 leads two KCS EMD's on a UP grain train. The train is crossing the AOK former Rock Island line to Memphis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/17 12:30 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 10/11/17 11:20

16) A wider view of the scene at Mcalester including a former loading ramp and the connection track

17) We heard UP 7777 switching before the northbound arrived, so after shooting him we check the yard and found 7777 with a southbound freight at the south end of the Mcalester yard

Thanks for looking
PQM

Date: 10/11/17 12:24
Author: oklachaser

Really great series of photos Patrick.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 10/11/17 14:23
Author: rrpreservation

Awesome series of photos!! Thanks for sharing them.

Date: 10/11/17 18:56
Author: millerdc

In photo one is the track as bad as it looks? Was speed along here?

Date: 10/11/17 20:51
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 10/11/17 23:29

millerdc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In photo one is the track as bad as it looks? Was
> speed along here?

Pretty much. You are also getting the telephoto enhancement but you can get a good idea from the lean on the first car. Track speed is 25 with several permanent stretches of 10 (which I believe is what they were doing.) And to think at one time Santa Fe passenger trains were doing 90 on this line.

PQM

Posted from Android

Date: 10/12/17 06:25
Author: SP8595

Fantastic series!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0738 seconds