Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Delivering the goods

Date: 10/19/17 04:47
Delivering the goods
Author: KB5WK

Caught the KCS metro 1 dodger. The local switch job out of KCS Dallas yard along the White Rock branch line on Wednesday 10/18/17 delivering 4 lumber cars to a customer. This is very close to my office so with my flying machine. I can get shots that I normally wouldn't get. Former Santa Fe line that use to be Yellow Bonnets many years ago.

DH
Dallas TX

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/17 04:59 by KB5WK.

Date: 10/19/17 04:48
Delivering the goods
Author: KB5WK

Part 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/17 04:58 by KB5WK.

Date: 10/19/17 07:03
Re: Delivering the goods
Author: irhoghead

How many unused/disconnected/abandoned pieces of track does one see in just those few photos? As a life long railroader, it saddens me to see that all over the country. Very few railroads care about the manifest carload customer.

Date: 10/19/17 07:05
Author: FiveChime

Nice post. Looks like in the last shot there was once more trackage off to the right in the overgrown area.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 10/19/17 10:14
Author: miralomarail

In the last photo, it appears that a Once important Jct was located there ?

Date: 10/19/17 12:12
Author: tomstp

Sad to see torn out local industry tracks. Most railroads want to kill any single car(s) business and anytime they renew track they take out the switches on the main lines. You know when they haul a car anywhere from 400 to 1000 miles you know darn well they are making money on them even though they say switching costs are to high to continue. So I say, you would not get the revenue of that 400-1000 mile trip if you can't deliver to a customer. Short lines do damn well with switching local customers and when you look at what a switch costs a customer ($200 +) you know darn well big railroads would make money on it too maybe not as much as a shortline but still make money. There just is not that much difference in crew costs.

Date: 10/19/17 14:17
Author: ns1000

Nice shots!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds