Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I Finally Caught One

Date: 11/08/17 17:18
I Finally Caught One
Author: tronarail

While working on a road project at Highway 58 and Tehachapi Blvd. today, (about midway between Tehachapi and Monolith), A southbound BNSF manifest passed by. The last engine in the power was one of the "Cream & Green" SD-70 MAC's (please correct me if I am wrong). I just had to have a photo of this engine, but train-chasing with my employer's commercial truck was not a viable option. After my trailers were loaded, I started east on Tehachapi Blvd. As I approached the Monolith Cement Plant, I could see that the BNSF freight had stopped - for what reason, I do not know. As I passed the stopped train on the paralleling highway, I hoped that he would still be there when I returned. When I unloaded my trailers and was heading back, the train was still there. I slowed down to a crawl to get the two shots shown here. Here is the BNSF 9766. Thankfully, there was not a lot of traffic at the time. Oh, one more thing. Please excuse the "blue" area on one of the photos. I was playing around with the photo Microsoft Paint, and accidently hit the "erase" button. What you see is my attempt to restore the blue sky.

Date: 11/08/17 19:42
Re: I Finally Caught One
Author: GP30Frank

That IS a SD70MAC , built in May of 1996 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/17 06:56 by GP30Frank.

Date: 11/08/17 23:10
Author: Hookdragkick

Had one on point a month or so ago--rode like a Cadillac!

Posted from Android

Date: 11/09/17 10:01
Author: 3rdswitch

Don't worry, you don't have to ask to be corrected here!
JB

Date: 11/09/17 19:33
Author: SD45X

Three of them headed west on a HTULBAR
6405 leading two and one on the rear. All green.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds