Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Kansas activity today

Date: 11/08/17 18:52
Some Kansas activity today
Author: ns2557

Well, Spent the better part of the morning sorta, kinda stuck in the Kansas City area, waiting on some unloading to get done. A total of 8 hrs to unload 39 pallets and then count them. Kinda gets ya. But after that fiasco this morning I managed to get a new load and headed west across Kansas. Followed US50 and US54 on the way. But first things first. Had to get the load. Which was down in New Century Ks (Olathe). Load is headed west for California. This will be my first visit to the Golden Sate in over a year. But, over at the Johnson County Air Port in New Century I found this nice looking unit.

Johnson County Airport Commission SW1500 2016. Looks rather splendid. Like the colors. Kinda Air Force in a way. (Tho I am partial to US Navy). That be shot 1.

Shot 2. This was in Newton Ks as I went over the yard here and stopped long enough to expose/use some pixels on BNSF 3948 sitting in the yard here. Each time I pass over this way on US50, the yard pretty much looks like this. Can just imagine what it looked like in years past. A somewhat "ghost" of it's previous heyday.

Just thought I'd share these with ya'll. I sure enjoyed my drive in nice November weather today thru Kansas. Hope the remainder of the trip goes as good weather wise. Ya'll take care, be safe. Ben

Date: 11/09/17 01:53
Re: Some Kansas activity today
Author: Bob3985

Thanks for the photos Ben. I really like the paint job on that switcher.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/09/17 04:12
Author: ATSF90East

The SW-1500 paint job is very appropriate since the New Century Air Center used to be the Olathe Naval air Station. Thousands received their primary naval flight training there, including John Glenn and Bob Barker.

Date: 11/09/17 07:24
Author: Gonut1

Good post Ben,
Safe travels
Gonut

Date: 11/09/17 09:59
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catch on that switcher.
JB

Date: 11/09/17 14:07
Author: bmarti7

ATSF90East Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The SW-1500 paint job is very appropriate since
> the New Century Air Center used to be the Olathe
> Naval air Station. Thousands received their
> primary naval flight training there, including
> John Glenn and Bob Barker.

Yup - Navy gray for sure - not AF blue

BB

Date: 11/09/17 14:11
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 2!!

Posted from Android

Date: 11/09/17 16:11
Author: ns2557

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ATSF90East Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The SW-1500 paint job is very appropriate since
> > the New Century Air Center used to be the
> Olathe
> > Naval air Station. Thousands received their
> > primary naval flight training there, including
> > John Glenn and Bob Barker.
>
> Yup - Navy gray for sure - not AF blue
>
> BB

Didn't even dawn on me about the "Haze Gray", being retired Navy and all. Just thought it reminded me more of the Air Force, but then again, I forgot that the Navy had a base in Olathe. That would also explain the NAVY TA7C,A4 and F8 Crusader stuffed and mounted here. Used to work on those TA7C's. Thanks for the reply. Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1487 seconds