Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last dregs of autumn

Date: 11/16/17 20:53
Last dregs of autumn
Author: santafe199

On what could be one of the last really nice days for the year I was having a post-dental appointment late lunch. Exiting the local Pizza Ranch I heard a familiar rumbling, and just caught sight of UP’s MTPTP local skittering through town westbound. A little jog over to Ogden netted my first shots, and the final leg over Junction City capped an impromptu little chase. I also had a short and enjoyable chat with one of the guys working the ground. It was not too surprising to affirm that we rails have about the same gripes everywhere… ;^)

1. UP 4143 with the MTPTP crossing Elm St in Ogden, KS. Very little fall color remains on the trees. With Ol’ Man Winter is just down the track we didn’t get much color this time around!

2. & 3. The 4143 has just pulled into Junction City on the track just south of the main. That shack on the left sits right about where the old depot was located. The crew will tie their train down where it is, and go back into the yard to assemble their return train. With pick-ups in multiple places it will be very dark out before they get back to Topeka and call it a day…
Photo date: November 16, 2017

Thanks for the chat!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/17 20:53 by santafe199.

Date: 11/17/17 13:16
Re: Last dregs of autumn
Author: texchief1

Nice shots, Lance!

Randy Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds