Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > From Reno MN to La Crosse WI with CP 675

Date: 11/22/17 14:46
From Reno MN to La Crosse WI with CP 675
Author: rrartist

What a pre-Thanksgiving treat! I was sitting near the Amtrak Depot in La Crosse WI when the CP Missouri DS toned up the CP 675, UP 2345 North and issued a track warrant from NSS Kains to Bluff, Kains being south of New Albin Iowa and Bluff being La Crescent MN. I immediately set out for La Crescent and points south to intercept the train. The top image was taken on the south end of the Reno MN dike, the middle image is just north of Reno MN and the bottom image is Brownsville MN. Nothing like a Tri-Clops SD60M to warm up a 26 degree afternoon!

Date: 11/22/17 14:51
Re: From Reno MN to La Crosse WI with CP 675
Author: rrartist

After leaving Brownsville MN I waited just south of La Crescent MN, silently wishing that access door was shut, but oh well, considering what it was on... CP 675, UP 2345 received permission to turn the corner and head east towards La Crosse WI where I captured the train for the last time next to the CP Yard office. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Date: 11/22/17 15:08
Author: FiestaFoamer

Not sure I've ever seen a locomotive running with the battery box door (that's what it is, right?) hanging open.

Date: 11/22/17 15:14
Author: Ritzville

Nice chase of an SD60M on the point. Always like to see an EMD at the head-end. Our weather in Ritzville was a Spritzy cloudy 54, rather summer like for Fall, lol.

Larry

Date: 11/22/17 17:30
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Catch!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds