Home Open Account Help 403 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > MPEX/KCS/ in Pblo today plus

Date: 11/22/17 14:51
MPEX/KCS/ in Pblo today plus
Author: ns2557

Well, after reading about the MPEX 667 being in Denver and en route to the TTC in Pueblo Co from there, figured I might catch it in Pueblo this morning. Lucked out with it. Here are 3 shots of the MPEX/GO Transit MP40PHT-T4C 667. Not sure when it will head out to the TTC for sure tho. When I finally left Pblo abt 1400 or so, it was sitting in the yard, north of the tower, by itself. I managed to shoot this same unit out at MPEX in Boise a few months back, getting load tested at the plant. Still trying to figure out the routing on this one, as MPI is on the UP and nowhere near BNSF rails. Anyone know which way it went out of Boise and perhaps why via BNSF to Pblo as both roads serve the TTC I believe.

Pblo had some other interesting trains about today also, plus one that has been around for a number of years along with the string of stored UP SD9043MAC's.

These 3 shot were taken this am in Pueblo Co, 11-22/2017. A few more follow..... TFL. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/17 15:01 by ns2557.

Date: 11/22/17 15:00
Re: MPEX/KCS/ in Pblo today plus
Author: ns2557

Now for the KCS. Shot 4. Caught this pair of KCS Belle's on this EB/SB train approaching Pblo Jct. KCS 4616 & 4702 lead a lengthy move out of Pblo.

Shot 5. The longtime resident of Pblo at the PL&RHS Museum grounds here. Have some shots at various times over the years of this one, but it still catches my camera's focus from time to time.

Shot 6. The "plus" for the title thread is this shot. Last night went into town for dinner. In the very small yard that makes up some of the trackage here in Canon City along the old Tenn Pass Line of the DRGW, I found the Rock & Rail. While not unusual to see Rock & Rail here in town at any hour, seeing all 3 GP40 types the operate together is different. Went back home and grabbed my camera and took a few available light night shots of the 3 together. Here is RRRR 201 with RRRR 401 in the middle and RRRR 501 on the east end. Not sure what they were doing this night, but they were gone early this am.

Hope y'all enjoyed the shots from today and last night. And, here's to hoping everyone here on TO has a Great Thanksgiving. 2017. I have plenty to be thankful for myself. Y'all take care, be safe. Ben

Date: 11/22/17 20:38
Author: SCKP187

Nice variety of shots today Ben---you got something of almost every color.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/23/17 07:51
Author: SP8595

Great catches Ben! Wonder where that KCS came from, maybe Ft. Carson?

Date: 11/24/17 06:14
Author: oklachaser

Nice photos Ben.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 11/24/17 11:10
Author: ATSF97

That is one smooth unit

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds