Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Break From Meeting Friends And Family...

Date: 12/09/17 00:18
A Break From Meeting Friends And Family...
Author: mojaveflyer

I took some time before meeting a high school friend to watch some activity at the Caltrain Santa Clara train depot this morning. The three shots were taken of Caltrain commuter trains approaching the Santa Clara depot and the last one was an Amtrak Capitol Express train departing up the Coast Line as another Caltrain commuter train approached the depot from San Francisco...

Nothing earth shaking but it's always fun to watch something different from what I see at home... Thanks for looking!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 12/09/17 11:36
Re: A Break From Meeting Friends And Family...
Author: 462pacific

Your Santa Clara is certainly different than mine. I don't remember any ped bridges
over the rails or for that matter the scenery shown in your fine pics. Could this
be more closely associated with Agnew or the Great America area. Of course it could
be stated that any train southbound from SFO could be approaching the Santa Clara depot.
No big thing, just wondering where you were and trying to reconcile that with my
hometown Santa Clara memories.

Date: 12/09/17 11:49
Author: Steeleg8

All three shots are definitely taken at Santa Clara University station. CP Coast at north end of platform where UP Coast sub diverges and heads north (SP days West). CP Franklin at south end of the platform what's left of the old yard on the left and mostly out of view.

Date: 12/09/17 12:50
Author: 462pacific

Boy, How things have changed !!!

Date: 12/09/17 16:32
Author: TCnR

462pacific Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boy, How things have changed !!!

Not to mention the changes to the FMC side of the yard. Some sort of sports area (not sure what sport), a full size Costco, pedestrian tunnel, lots of changes except to the freeways.

Date: 12/10/17 08:13
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 12/10/17 14:01
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 1!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.058 seconds