Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Jack Bowden passes

Date: 12/13/17 08:01
Jack Bowden passes
Author: TonyJ

I got a text message from a good friend last night saying that photographer, collector, and co-author of "The Modoc: Southern Pacific's Back Door to Oregon" passed away. I don't know the details. Jack's wife contacted a mutual friend with the news. Over the years Jack provided an amazing amount of information to myself and others. He will be missed.

Date: 12/13/17 08:40
Re: Jack Bowden passes
Author: Railbaron

Very sorry to hear that. Not only was Jack a very good author he was also a great railroader to work with, which I did many times including his retirement trip. He was always a gentleman and fun to be around. He will be missed.

Date: 12/13/17 11:53
Author: cascade463

I have fond memories of visiting Jack and his wife Marlene when they lived in Klamath Falls. Jack was kind enough to help me as a technical advisor on three railfan videos covering former Southern Pacific territory between Dunsmuir, California and Eugene, Oregon. He was definitely an authority on that subject and just a gracious man.

He will be missed.

Aaron Bentsen
7idea Productions

Date: 12/13/17 13:56
Author: CBRL

Did not have the pleasure of meeting him but love his book on the Modoc line. Glad that he shared his knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR

Date: 12/13/17 14:01
Author: hogantunnel

My prayers to his family. I wish I had known him. The book he coauthored with Tom Dill is my favorite railroad book along with Signor's "SP Salt Lake Division."
God bless his family and "thanks, Jack. A job well done."

Mike

Date: 12/13/17 17:20
Author: railpix

Hi Tony;

Thanks for posting the sad news about Jack. I had met him many years ago and he was a great help in filling in some gaps in my knowledge about the Modoc.

Another good man we all will miss.

John Shaw

Date: 12/14/17 11:24
Author: Kenny_Blankenship

Sad News, I got a copy of his Modoc Line book as a gift from a friend when I was graduating from college. It was the beginning of my RR book library.

Date: 12/14/17 13:21
Author: TCnR

Sorry to hear of his passing.
His RR Logging in Klamath Country and Modoc books are treasures.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds