Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "It's the Toooooow Mater"

Date: 01/14/18 19:43
"It's the Toooooow Mater"
Author: amtrak34east

Amtrak train #507, with a series 8 Talgo Set and the "Tow-Mater" leading, is about to pass my location at the now gated and locked access road known as the "Farmers Crossing" (between Puyallup, WA and Tacoma, WA) with not only Mt. Rainier towering behind, but the engineer throwing up a "Deuces Playa" on 4/3/17. Amtrak P42DC #73 is shoving with all of its might to get back up to track speed after the speed restricted curve it just traversed.

Date: 01/14/18 20:39
Re: "It's the Toooooow Mater"
Author: funnelfan

Nice. So the locked gate is at the start of the access road?

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/14/18 20:58
Author: amtrak34east

Yes Ted. Just park at the Bar at the end of the road and "hike" in the football field length.

Date: 01/14/18 21:53
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

That is a really nice photo, Drew. Mount Rainier looks gorgeous! (I like that part f your shot a lot! VERY nice photos of the train -- but that "Mater" thing just looks odd to me. I know -- I gotta get used to 'em, but that'll take time.

Date: 01/15/18 00:47
Author: Notch16

Lovely photo. And with it, you've almost nearly kind of made the Misshapen Bread Loaf seem close to not really all that awfully bad. In a way, more or less. :-)

Seriously, a fine image!

~ BZ

Date: 01/15/18 07:02
Author: santafe199

Nice! That's either gorgeous photography of the mountain with a train in it, or it's the other way around!
(Maybe it's both... ;^)

Lance

Date: 01/15/18 09:13
Author: MC6853

Unattractive subject but photo 2 is really nice, thanks for sharing...

Posted from Android

Date: 01/15/18 10:14
Author: jointauthority

Glad they remembered the curve this time. Phew

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/15/18 14:19
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds